Welcome to our blog.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting a Plan - Chapter 3




Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

If we are to produce a garden of beauty that brings honor to the Lord, we need a plan. But that plan must come with God's direction and guidance. We can't run willy-nilly here and there and expect that we'll be healthy and vibrant. Our cravings will only be conquered through deliberate, planned, action.


Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

So what's your plan? Start with prayer and see where God leads. What works for one, may not work for another. We all have our own unique body type, health issues, and tastes. Whatever your plan may look like, it will involve tough sacrifices. But the challenge is as Lysa puts it, "to look at this process as embracing healthy choices rather than denying myself."


Let's work on those plans ladies. What will your first step be? Mine, is to carve out some time to get on my knees before the Lord and seek his wisdom and guidance. I've gone at this in my own strength and failed too many times. If I'm going to really make changes that permanently stick, I need it to come through God's strength. Mine is too weak. I'm making it a matter of prayer, that God give me the "want to". Then, I'll seek him for step two.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Proverbs 15:22 is so right on for us through this study. We can benefit so much with good, Godly counsel and support.

I know I definitely need a PLAN. It takes the stress off and the tendancy to just pick up something on the run.

Another thing that has helped me is changing my routine up. A friend who struggled with smoking for years decided to quit. The first thing she did was change her routine. She quit coffee as that triggered her desire for a smoke. She drank hot teas instead until the smoking desire was gone. Maybe changing your drive to work, avoiding that Latte Shop or taking a short stroll instead of visiting the break room where all those "evils" lurk.

I know I have a tendancy to want a morning snack and another one about 3:00p.m. So, I plan for that and have a healthy snack ready. We are in a good season, summer fruits are becoming available already and lots of good fresh veggies.

And like the example of the man with the beautiful flower garden I have purposed to work at it, sacrifice for it and look to Him daily, hourly and moment by moment as my strength and deliver.

We are going to post some "healthy" recipes and ideas for the weekend posts.

Faith said...

Well I had a very trying day so I was not as successful as I wanted to be but I did take time for the Lord this morning and when I was facing my problems that arose today I did turn to God and ask him for direction and help as well. I was not able to plan today as I was asked to go get my son from work and take him to the Dr. which took most of the day then we went to MCDonalds to eat and I forgot my fanny pack and when I realized it I came back and it was gone but they left my key hook on the bench. I told the workers and I reported it then I called a revival prayer line and requested prayer when I got home. I am looking forward to the healthy recipes and hope I can try them. I am looking to the Author and finisher of my Faith and seeking to only desire and crave God.